I’m fascinated by the patterns, textures and small details in the landscape and my work very much reflects this. Rocks, dirt, water, ice, trees and many more have inspired the works shown on this site. Working mainly in acrylic and watercolour on a variety of surfaces and with whatever textures come to hand, I hope you’ll enjoy my abstract and semi-abstract paintings.
All works are based on my own photography from travels in the Nordic regions and the wilder parts of the UK.
Feedback for My Work
- “Amazing and powerful work.” EW
- “Amazing and inspiring. Pleasing on the eye. Loved it all – texture/colours.” KK
- “Inspiring work. Unique.” CC
- “Loved your pieces. They remind me of home. Great textures and colouring.”
- “Loved the textures and the colours.”
- “An excellent first exhibition. I love the influences of the landscape in these.” CW
“The longer you look at an object, the more abstract it becomes, and, ironically, the more real.” Lucian Freud
“A picture is not thought out and settled beforehand. While it is being done it changes as one’s thoughts change. And when it is finished, it still goes on changing, according to the state of mind of whoever is looking at it.” Pablo Picasso